Thursday, May 22, 2008

She Did It! (Sort Of)


Well, today Abby graduated from preschool. She was there at the graduation, but she didn't really participate. I'm not sure why, but I expected her to do better than she did. I mean, for her Christmas play she was all clingy and whiny and refused to participate. She was the saddest angel ever. For graduation today, she was exactly the same with one exception - today she was the saddest Statue of Liberty ever. She wasn't really the Statue of Liberty - but she sure looked like her to me.

So how do other parents deal with this? Sometimes I feel sad because she acts like this, sometimes I feel annoyed at her, and sometimes I just think it's funny. I don't even know why I'm so surprised each time she does it, either. Is there anything that I can do to make her act like this less? Is this "just a phase"?

Whatever it is, I've decided that Abby cannot go to full-day kindergarten this year. I'm going to send her to private school, which will only be 3 hours a day. Now I just have to find a way to pay for the school...

4 comments:

Joanna said...

They grow up so fast! I remember Kayla's preK graduation..Now she will enter the 4th grade next year!

She looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my she looks scared, cute but scared! I remember Ty's preK graduation, he was so excited. I have 1 picture and you would think he were graduation highschool or college, the expression on his face. He too is going into the 4th grade in the fall. Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Oh my she looks scared, cute but scared! I remember Ty's preK graduation, he was so excited. I have 1 picture and you would think he were graduation highschool or college, the expression on his face. He too is going into the 4th grade in the fall. Chrissie

AudreyO said...

Hi,

I'm Audrey. I found you through the MommyFest page. Though the party is over, I'm still enjoying meeting others and reading their blogs.

Have you asked her why she's sad? Is she able to put it into words for you?

She does look adorable. I love preschool graduations. We have a preschool on site where I work and I attend the graduation every year.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com