Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Random Things

I haven't posted anything in quite a while. MommyFest just wore me out! Just kidding - Daniel is actually doing something big to our house this week and everything is... everywhere. Poor Avery doesn't have a bedroom right now. His room is now a kitchen/ master bedroom/ sewing room/ office/ utility room/ laundry room/ pantry. He's sleeping in Abby's room for the week. They keep each other up a little while at bedtime, and wake each other up early in the morning. This is why one kid per bedroom is so popular.

Also, since we're now eating in the living room, and only have 3 bowls out, we've learned to be more creative at mealtimes. Thank goodness it's warm out and we can grill! Daniel had waffles this morning on a princess frisbee, and we have a picnic on the living room floor every night. We have no oven or stove, and the toaster oven lives in Abby's room right now. I've also learned just how big of a mess 3 kids can make on a small Ikea rug with just a half dozen cookies with yellow frosting and sprinkles on them.

We're watching a lot more TV this week, too. Its too dangerous to go outside when there is a miter saw right in the middle of the driveway. And, again, Avery's toys are buried under the stuff we've placed in his room.

By the way, tomorrow Abby graduates from preschool. When I started this blog, she had just entered preschool. Wow. After tomorrow, Abby will officially be a school-ager. The problem is, the kindergarten here is becoming full-day starting with Abby's class. I don't think she's ready for that, and I know I'm not ready for that. I still want to be the one feeding her lunch. I want to have her with me when I run errands in the afternoon. If she's in school from 9 to 3, and sleeping from 8 to 8, then she's only here with me for 5 hours a day. That means she spends more time away from me than with me. I'm currently trying to find a way to send her to private school, since it's only half-day.

Well, I've got to go - Abby's demanding my attention. I'd better give it to her now, while she's still here all day...

2 comments:

Oh Joy! said...

Did you know that on Mondays... Kids eat free at Cici's?

On Tuesdays... its Kids Night at Fazoli's... their meal is 99cents.

Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

Wow so what are you doing to your house? I need to get busy and start cleaning/painting mine, since we seem to think about moving alot lately...
I had the hardest time dropping Tyler off at daycare the first time, I cried all the way to work. When it came time for kindergarten...I made Nate go register him because everytime I thought of it I cried. I didnt want to send my baby off on the bus to school everyday, even if only for 3 hours. Chrissie

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com