Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Full Hands



I realize I have a 9 month-old, a 2 year-old, and a 4 year-old, but why does EVERYONE smile at me and my kids and say "you've got your hands full!" Is that code for "what the heck is wrong with you - get some birth control, lady!"...?

Since I had Ethan, I've realized how different it is for mothers of 3 (or more) kids about a year or two apart compared to moms who wait longer between kids. I didn't exactly plan to have my little sweeties this close together, but it is really, really hard. Seriously - going to the grocery store with all three kids makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack right there in the bean aisle.

I wonder what people with multiples do? I would never, ever leave my house.

On a blog I like to read, Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats, I found a great reminder that all the pandemonium I go through daily with my kids is actually a gift from God:

"He gives childless couples a family,
gives them joy as the parents of children.
Hallelujah!"
Psalm 113:9 (The Message)

Isn't that a great way to look at a pile of kids that all happen to be yours?

3 comments:

izitjo said...

Sounds like you're doing a great, real life, down to earth good job! Not that I'm an expert. Anyone who can love her kids like you do has got to be 'on top' where it counts.

thought I'd say hi seeing as I dropped in.

Jo :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! We have to remind ourselves that they are a blessing don't we?!?!

That is the greatest statue ever! Some days I feel just like that!

Sara M. said...

I have gotten so many compliments on this statue! I found it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/protonfury/244510448/

Actually, I just typed "pile of babies" in yahoo images!!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com